Mushroom Sauce Prepared With Non-Fat Yogurt
Hot water - 1/2 cup
Vegetable cooking spray - as required
Margarine - 1 tablespoon
Fresh mushrooms - 1 cup, sliced
Shallot - 1/4 cup, chopped
All-purpose flour - 1 tablespoon
Dried whole dill weed - 1/2 teaspoon
Plain non-fat yogurt - 1/2 cup
1) In a bowl, add bouillon granules and pour in water to dissolve.
2) Place the bowl aside.
3) Use a medium skillet to coat with cooking spray.
4) Add margarine and place over medium heat to melt.
5) Add mushrooms and shallot to saute until tender.
6) Add flour and dill weed to stir in.
7) Reduce heat to low and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
8) Gradually pour in reserved bouillon mixture.
9) Increase heat to medium and cook the mixture, stirring constantly, until it turns thick and bubbly.
10) Remove the skillet from heat.
11) Slowly stir in yogurt until smooth.
12) Serve the mushroom sauce with steak or veal.