Creamy Vegetable Sauce
Carrots - 1/4 cup, shredded
Zucchini - 1/4 cup, shredded
Green onions - 2 tablespoons, thinly sliced
Margarine - 2 tablespoons
All-purpose flour - 2 tablespoons
Salt - 1/4 teaspoon
White pepper - 1/8 teaspoon
Dried tarragon - 1/4 teaspoon
Skim milk - 1 cup
1) Use a medium skillet to coat with cooking spray.
2) Place the skillet over medium heat until hot.
3) Add carrots, zucchini, and green onions to sautÃ© until the vegetables are tender. Place aside.
4) In a medium saucepan, add margarine and melt over low heat.
5) Add flour, salt, pepper, and tarragon. Stir the ingredients for 1 minute until smooth.
6) Gradually pour in milk.
7) Set the heat at medium heat and use a wire whisk to stir in constantly, until the mixture becomes thick and bubbly.
8) Add the reserved vegetables to stir in after removing from heat.
9) Serve the sauce hot, immediately with chicken or fish.