White Wine Vinegar - 3 tablespoons
White Wine - 3 tablespoons
Peppercorns - 10, crushed
Shallots - 3, finely chopped
Fresh Tarragon Stalks - 2 tablespoons, chopped
Egg Yolks - 3
White or Cayenne Pepper
Fresh Tarragon Leaves - 2 tablespoons, finely chopped
1. In a saucepan, melt butter. Skim forth from its surface and allow it to cool.
2. In another saucepan, add vinegar, wine with peppercorns, chopped shallots and chopped tarragon stalks.
3. Boil the mixture until it reduces to 2 tablespoons. Allow it to cool.
4. Mix egg yolks, salt and pepper into the mixture and place it over low flame.
5. Whisk for about 3 minutes or until the mixture is mousse-like and thick.
6. Remove the pan from the heat. Gradually add all the tepid butter to it leaving behind buttermilk (white residue).
7. Further, strain this sauce through a strainer. Extract the mixture properly by pressing it well.
8. Alternatively, the sauce may be left unstrained. Shallots and tarragon will add great texture in this case.
9. Add finely chopped tarragon leaves and other required seasonings