Quick Veloute Sauce
|Veal stock/Chicken / fish stock||1⁄2 Pint, well flavored (300 Milliliter)|
|Butter||3⁄4 Ounce (20 Gram)|
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Creme fraiche/Double cream||2 Fluid Ounce (50 Milliliter)|
1. In a In a pan, boil stock.
2. In a separate saucepan, melt butter.
3. Add flour to it and cook over low flame until foaming but not browned.
4. Remove the pan from heat and add stock.
5. Place the pan on flame and whisk constantly until the sauce thickens in consistency.
6. Season lighly.
7. Further, simmer for upto 45 minutes, whisking constantly.
8. Add cream and boil again.
9. Strain the sauce.
10. Add lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.