Chile Cilantro Sauce
|Dried red chilies||3|
|Cilantro||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), loosely packaged|
|Garlic clove||1 Large|
|Neufchatel cheese||4 Ounce (1/2 Of 8 Ounce Package)|
|Plain low-fat yogurt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sherry vinegar||1 Teaspoon|
|Lime juice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) In a medium bowl, place the chilies.
2) Add water up to 2 inches above the chilies.
3) Allow the chilies to soak 8 hours or overnight.
4) Drain the chilies and pat dry with paper towels to soak the extra moisture.
5) Tear off the stems and discard the seeds.
6) In a container of electric blender or food processor, place the chilies.
7) Add cilantro and garlic.
8) Process the ingredients until finely chopped.
9) Add rest of the ingredients to process until smooth.
10) Transfer in a bowl, cover and place inside refrigerator to chill.
11) Serve the sauce with seafood or vegetables.