Coley with Corn Sauce
|Coley fillets||1 1⁄2 Pound, skin and bone removed, cut into chunks|
|Onion||2 , finely chopped|
|Butter/Oil- 2 tablespoons||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Orange||1 , juiced and rind grated|
|Plain flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Tomatoes||14 Ounce (2 Can)|
|Chicken stock||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Sweet corn kernels||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Orange||1 , thinly sliced (For Garnish)|
|Watercress sprig||3 (For Garnish)|
1. In a medium sized wok, melt butter or heat oil.
2. Once hot, add garlic, bay leaf, orange rind and onions. Mix well and sautÃ© on a medium flame till onions turn translucent.
3. Add fish chunks and sautÃ© for 2 more minutes, while stirring continuously.
4. Add flour, salt and pepper and mix well. Cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
5. Add tomatoes, orange juice and stock. Mix well and bring to a boil.
6. Once boiled, reduce flame and simmer for 25 minutes.
7. Once cooked, add sweet corn and simmer for 10 more minutes.
8. Serve along with pasta or steamed rice, garnished with watercress and sliced oranges.