Coley with Corn Sauce
|Coley fillets||1 1⁄2 Pound, skin and bone removed, cut into chunks|
|Onion||2 , finely chopped|
|Butter/Oil- 2 tablespoons||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Orange||1 , juiced and rind grated|
|Plain flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Tomatoes||14 Ounce (2 Can)|
|Chicken stock||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Sweet corn kernels||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Orange||1 , thinly sliced (For Garnish)|
|Watercress sprig||3 (For Garnish)|
1. In a medium sized wok, melt butter or heat oil.
2. Once hot, add garlic, bay leaf, orange rind and onions. Mix well and sautÃ© on a medium flame till onions turn translucent.
3. Add fish chunks and sautÃ© for 2 more minutes, while stirring continuously.
4. Add flour, salt and pepper and mix well. Cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
5. Add tomatoes, orange juice and stock. Mix well and bring to a boil.
6. Once boiled, reduce flame and simmer for 25 minutes.
7. Once cooked, add sweet corn and simmer for 10 more minutes.
8. Serve along with pasta or steamed rice, garnished with watercress and sliced oranges.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1827 Calories from Fat 516
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 59 g90%
Saturated Fat 31.4 g156.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 124.6 mg41.5%
Sodium 716.4 mg29.9%
Total Carbohydrates 154 g51.3%
Dietary Fiber 23.5 g93.9%
Sugars 58.7 g
Protein 149 g297.7%
Vitamin A 121.6% Vitamin C 367.3%
Calcium 30.6% Iron 21.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet