Curried Grouper with Wine Sauce
|Grouper fillets||3 , 1 inch cubes|
|Vegetable cooking spray||1|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|For curry powder|
|Wine sauce||2 Tablespoon (As Required)|
|Almonds||3 Tablespoon, sliced, toasted|
|For the wine sauce:|
|All-purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Skim milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chablis/Dry white wine||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground pepper||1 Dash|
1) Preheat the oven to 400F. Spray the rack of the broiler pan with cooking spray.
2) Under cold, running water, wash the groupers. Pat them dry.
3) Arrange the fillets on the broiler pan.
4) In a bowl, mix the lemon juice and curry powder. Brush the groupers with the mixture.
5) Bake uncovered for about 15 minutes or till the fish flakes easily.
6) To make the wine sauce, in a small saucepan, melt margarine. On low flame, add in the flour. Stir to make a smooth paste. Slowly pour in the milk. Cook the mixture for a minute. Stir constantly till the mixture becomes thick and starts to bubble. Add in the wine, salt and pepper. Mix well to combine.
7) Serve the Grouper Fillets on a serve platter. Pour the Wine Sauce over it. Garnish with toasted almonds.
Calories 1713 Calories from Fat 234
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40.7%
Saturated Fat 5 g25.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 630 mg210%
Sodium 1016.9 mg42.4%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.6%
Sugars 3.4 g
Protein 334 g667.8%
Vitamin A 51.4% Vitamin C 12.2%
Calcium 52.8% Iron 88.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet