Apple Raisin Sauce
|Unsweetened apple cider||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cooking apple||1 Medium, peeled and chopped|
|Raisins||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Teaspoon, firmly packed|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) In a medium saucepan , add first 4 ingredients to combine.
2) Place over heat and bring to a boil.
3) Cook by reducing heat, uncovered, for 8 minutes or until apples are tender.
4) In a bowl, dissolve cornstarch in water.
5) Add this to the apple mixture.
6) Add cinnamon and bring the mixture to a boil.
7) Cook by reducing heat, until the mixture is thick. Constantly stir while cookng.
8) Serve the sauce warm with ice milk or angel food cake.