Mock Meatballs With Horseradish Sauce
|Kidney beans||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs), cooked|
|Pinto beans||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked|
|Breadcrumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Dry mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Onion||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), finely chopped|
|Mushrooms||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Skim milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vegetable cooking spray||1|
1) Preheat the oven to 350F. Coat the rack of the roasting pan with cooking spray.
2) Into a colander, add in the kidney and pinto beans. Wash the beans under cold, running water for a minute. Drain.
3) In an electric blender, add in the beans, breadcrumbs, eggs, garlic powder, pepper and mustard. Process to get a smooth mixture.
4) Add in the onions, mushrooms and milk. Mix well. Shape the mixture into 40 balls using a tablespoon of the mixture for each ball.
5) Place the balls on the roasting pan.
6) Bake for about 15 minutes till the meatballs brown a little.
7) Serve the Mock Meatballs with horseradish sauce on the side.