Gift Wrapped Ham With Raisin Wine Sauce
|Canned ham||3 Pound (1 can, Oscar Mayer Jubilee oblong)|
|Pie crust mix||9 1⁄2 Ounce (1 package)|
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|For raisin wine sauce|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dry red wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Seedless raisins||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Currant jelly||10 Ounce (1 jar)|
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Turn out the ham from its can.
3. To prepare the pastry, follow the package directions, adding mustard and sage to dry pie crust mix.
4. Roll pastry out to a 17-inch square.
5. Place the ham in center and cover it like neatly like a package.
6. Moisten the edges with cold water and seal well.
7. Place the ham package, seam-side down on baking sheet.
8. Cut out strips to make a bow, using the leftover pastry. Decorate ham parcel to resemble a gift, sticking the pastry by dampening with cold water.
9. Give the pastry a generous egg wash to get a nice rich golden color. Sprinkle paprika on ribbon and bow for color and taste.
10. Bake the ham for 1 hour in the hot oven.
11. In the meantime, prepare the Raisin Sauce by combining all ingredients except jelly in a saucepan.
12. Cook, stirring constantly on medium low for 5 minutes or until sauce is thick. Add in jelly and stir until it melts and blends into the sauce.
13. Slice the Gift Wrapped Ham and serve it with the Raisin Wine Sauce