Glazed Ham and Raisin Sauce
|Canned beef gravy||21 1⁄2 Ounce (2 cans, 10 3/4 ounces each Franco American)|
|Packed brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Grated orange rind||1 Teaspoon|
|Canned ham||5 Pound (1 can)|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F
2. Remove top from can of ham.
3. Place in heated oven and allow the gelatin to soften.
4. Remove from oven and invert the can on a rack in a baking pan.
5. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F
6. Turn out the ham, punching holes in bottom of can, if necessary. Discard the drippings.
7. Slash the surface with shallow diagonal cuts, in a diamond pattern.
8. Make a glaze by combining gravy, sugar and grated orange rind a small saucepan and cooking it until thick and glossy, stirring all the while.
9. Glaze ham with 1 cup of the sauce.
10. Return the ham to the oven and cook for 30 to 40 minutes or until meat thermometer reads 140 degree F for internal temperature of ham.
11. Let the ham rest before transferring it from the pan onto a serving platter. Serve warm or cold.
12. Heat remaining sauce.
13. Stir in the raisins and lemon juice.
14. Slice ham and serve it warm or cold, with the sauce.
Calories 602 Calories from Fat 317
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g56.7%
Saturated Fat 10.9 g54.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 202.3 mg67.4%
Sodium 3530 mg147.1%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.79 g3.2%
Sugars 13.7 g
Protein 48 g96.5%
Vitamin A 0.1% Vitamin C 3.3%
Calcium 1.7% Iron 4.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet