Glazed Ham and Raisin Sauce
|Canned beef gravy||21 1⁄2 Ounce (2 cans, 10 3/4 ounces each Franco American)|
|Packed brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Grated orange rind||1 Teaspoon|
|Canned ham||5 Pound (1 can)|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F
2. Remove top from can of ham.
3. Place in heated oven and allow the gelatin to soften.
4. Remove from oven and invert the can on a rack in a baking pan.
5. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F
6. Turn out the ham, punching holes in bottom of can, if necessary. Discard the drippings.
7. Slash the surface with shallow diagonal cuts, in a diamond pattern.
8. Make a glaze by combining gravy, sugar and grated orange rind a small saucepan and cooking it until thick and glossy, stirring all the while.
9. Glaze ham with 1 cup of the sauce.
10. Return the ham to the oven and cook for 30 to 40 minutes or until meat thermometer reads 140 degree F for internal temperature of ham.
11. Let the ham rest before transferring it from the pan onto a serving platter. Serve warm or cold.
12. Heat remaining sauce.
13. Stir in the raisins and lemon juice.
14. Slice ham and serve it warm or cold, with the sauce.