Squid In Garlic Sauce
|Fresh squid||1 1⁄2 Pound, washed and skinned|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Large, peeled and cut into thin rings|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), peeled and finely chopped|
|Dry white wine||1⁄4 Pint|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Double cream||3 Tablespoon (for finish)|
|Freshly chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon (for garnish)|
1) Clean the inside of the squid, remove the head, ink bag and tentacles.
2) Slice the cone shaped body into rings of about ½ inch.
3) Cut the tentacles if too long or leave as it is.
4) In a saucepan, heat oil and sautÃ© onion and garlic for 1 minute.
5) Stir in the squid, wine, water, parsley, bay leaf and seasoning.
6) Put the lid on and simmer until tender.
7) Take out the squid from the onion mixture and discard bay leaf and parsley sprig.
8) In a small cup, mix together cornflour with little water.
9) Stir the cornflour mixture and cream into the onion mixture and simmer until thickened.
10) If you wish to freeze the dish, then do so at this stage. Place the squid and onion mixture without cream in a plastic container.
11) Seal, label and freeze the container.
12) Place the squid In a deep bowl plate and spoon sauce over it, garnish with chopped parsley if desired.
13) If using frozen squid mixture, thaw in the container at room temperature for 4 hours, then stir in the cream.
14) In saucepan place the squid mixture and reheat gently on top of the stove, stirring occasionally and heated completely.
15) Serve as metioned in step 12.