Tomato Sauce With Dried Basil
|Tomato paste||6 Ounce (1 can)|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Ripe tomatoes||5 , peeled and diced|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Crumbled dried basil||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Crushed red pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1) In a saucepan, blend the tomato paste and water together.
2) Stir in the diced tomatoes, olive oil, and garlic.
3) Simmer for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until volume is reduced to about 1/3.
4) Discard the garlic, then whirl the mixture in a blender or through a food mill.
5) Return to the saucepan, stir in rest of the ingredients, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
6) Simmer further, until the sauce is reduced to half its original volume.
7) Use the Tomato Sauce to spoon over Ravioli or as required.