Tomato Sauce With Dried Basil
|Tomato paste||6 Ounce (1 can)|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Ripe tomatoes||5 , peeled and diced|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Crumbled dried basil||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Crushed red pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1) In a saucepan, blend the tomato paste and water together.
2) Stir in the diced tomatoes, olive oil, and garlic.
3) Simmer for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until volume is reduced to about 1/3.
4) Discard the garlic, then whirl the mixture in a blender or through a food mill.
5) Return to the saucepan, stir in rest of the ingredients, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
6) Simmer further, until the sauce is reduced to half its original volume.
7) Use the Tomato Sauce to spoon over Ravioli or as required.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1142 Calories from Fat 897
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 102 g156.6%
Saturated Fat 36.7 g183.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 121 mg40.3%
Sodium 602.4 mg25.1%
Total Carbohydrates 59 g19.6%
Dietary Fiber 15 g60%
Sugars 37 g
Protein 14 g27.5%
Vitamin A 185% Vitamin C 196.2%
Calcium 17.3% Iron 42.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet