Veal Strips in White Wine and Cream Sauce
|Vegetable oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Veal scallops||1 1⁄2 Pound, sliced 1/4 inch thick and cut into strips about 2 inches long and 1/4 inch wide|
|Shallots/Scallions - 1 tablespoon finely chopped, using only the white parts -||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Neuchatel wine/Fendant /other dry white wine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|White pepper||To Taste|
1. Heat a heavy 10- to 12-inch skillet over high heat, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter with the oil over high heat.
2. Allow the foam to subside, put in half of the veal and, sautÃ© with a fork, fry for about 2 minutes. When the veal is delicately colored, transfer it to a large sieve set over a bowl.
3. Add 2 more tablespoons of butter in the pan and melt it. Put in the remaining veal and cook as before.
4. Add the veal and its juices to the veal in the sieve.
5. Melt the remaining butter in the pan over moderate heat.
6. Add in the shallots and sautÃ© for about 2 minutes before pouring in the wine.
7. Increase the heat to high and mix with a ladle until the liquid comes to a boil.
8. Put in the cream and all the drained veal juices, immediately.
9. Stirring constantly, boil briskly for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the sauce has reduced to about half its original volume and thickened lightly.
10. Correct seasoning.
11. Put the veal back to the skillet and thoroughly coat with the sauce.
12. Lowe heat and simmer for 2 or 3 minutes until the veal is heated through.
13. Serve immediately, accompanied, if you like, by Rosti.