Hostess's Ham With Lemon Sauce
|Ham||4 Pound (Swift Premium Hostess)|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fresh lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F
2. Remove top from can of ham.
3. Place ham in heated oven and allow the gelatin to soften.
4. Remove from oven and invert the can on a rack in a baking pan.
5. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F
6. Turn out the ham, punching holes in bottom of can, if necessary. Discard the drippings.
7. Make a mixture of brown sugar, lemon and mustard and Worcestershire sauce and rub all over the ham.
8. Pour ¼ cup water or wine over the ham.
9. Return the ham to the oven and cook for 1 to 1 1/2 hours more or until meat thermometer reads 170 degree F for internal temperature of ham.
10. Brush the ham with remaining sauce frequently during last 30 minutes of cooking.
11. Let the ham rest before transferring it from the pan onto a serving platter. Serve warm or cold.
12. Slice ham and serve it warm or cold.