Kidneys With Mustard Sauce
|Lambs kidneys||8 , skin and cores removed and cut into thick slices|
|Butter||1 Ounce (25g)|
|Onion||1 Small, peeled and sliced|
|Mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound, sliced (225g)|
|Prepared mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Single cream||4 Tablespoon|
|Grated nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1) In a large pan, saute the kidneys in butter, until tender.
2) Remove the kidneys with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
3) In the same pan, saute the onion and mushrooms for 5 minutes.
4) Then stir in the prepared mustard, milk and cream; mix thoroughly.
5) Return the kidneys into the pan, stir in the nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste, then reheat until thoroughly heated.
6) If you wish to freeze the recipe do it at this stage. Transfer the cooled kidneys and sauce to a freezer friendly container, seal, label and freeze.
7) Serve the Kidneys with Mustard Sauce immediately on a serving platter.
8) If using the frozen dish, thaw at room temperature for 4 hours, then reheat gently while stirring occasionally. Serve hot or as indicated in step 8.