Red Hot Sauce Relish
|Ripe tomatoes||10 Pound (About 30)|
|Hot red peppers||To Taste|
|Cider vinegar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
1) Rinse the tomatoes and cut into quarters.
2) Peel the onions and cut into quarters.
3) Remove seeds from the peppers and slice into pieces.
4) In a large kettle, cook the tomatoes, onions and peppers together, until softened.
5) Rub the mixture through a sieve and return to the kettle.
6) Stir in rest of the ingredients and boil, until the mixture begins to thicken.
7) Then simmer over a low heat, stirring frequently, until thickened.
8) In hot sterilized jars, pour the 5 pints relish and seal the jars.
9) Use the Red Hot Sauce Relish as required.