Red Hot Sauce Relish
|Ripe tomatoes||10 Pound (About 30)|
|Hot red peppers||To Taste|
|Cider vinegar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
1) Rinse the tomatoes and cut into quarters.
2) Peel the onions and cut into quarters.
3) Remove seeds from the peppers and slice into pieces.
4) In a large kettle, cook the tomatoes, onions and peppers together, until softened.
5) Rub the mixture through a sieve and return to the kettle.
6) Stir in rest of the ingredients and boil, until the mixture begins to thicken.
7) Then simmer over a low heat, stirring frequently, until thickened.
8) In hot sterilized jars, pour the 5 pints relish and seal the jars.
9) Use the Red Hot Sauce Relish as required.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2092 Calories from Fat 86
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.8%
Saturated Fat 1.7 g8.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 9004 mg375.2%
Total Carbohydrates 487 g162.2%
Dietary Fiber 75.8 g303%
Sugars 366.8 g
Protein 52 g104.4%
Vitamin A 756.8% Vitamin C 1100.4%
Calcium 78% Iron 86.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet