Brown Sauce For Steaks
|Beef base||1 Teaspoon|
|Onion powder||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. In small heavy saucepan or skillet heat, butter until browned.
2. Stir in flour and blend well and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until flour is deep brown.
3. Remove from heat and mix well adding beef flavor base, onion powder, pepper, msg and nutmeg.
4. Gradually stir in water, return to heat and bring to a boil, stirring constantly and boil for 1 minute.
5. Serve this sauce or its variations over rice, meat loaf, leftover meats, omelettes, chops, steaks, tongue or hamburgers or use as a base for many casserole dishes.