Capellini With Red Clam Sauce
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onions||2 , coarsely chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Clams||2 Can (20 oz), drained, rinsed|
|Dry white wine/Fish stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Low sodium tomato sauce||4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Lemon||1 , zest grated and juice extracted|
|Chopped parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. In a pot, boil water and blanch capellini, drain, rinse and set aside.
2. In a non stick skillet, heat oil, add onion, garlic and sautÃ© until soft. Add clams, wine and bring to a boil, simmer until flavors have infused.
3. Add in the tomato sauce, lemon zest, lemon juice, boil and simmer until slightly thick. Season and add parsley and allow to rest.
4. Now, add the cooked pasta to the sauce.
5. Serve hot in a pasta dish.