|Frozen raspberries||20 Ounce (2 Packages,10-Ounces Each)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. To prepare raspberries thaw just enough to drain syrup.
2. Measure syrup and add water to make 1 1/2 cups.
3. In a bowl mix arrowroot, sugar, salt, allspice and mace, stir into liquid and cook, stirring, over medium heat until sauce thickens.
4. Add drained raspberries and butter.
5. To get a smoother sauce, press berries through fine sieve to remove seed and puree the fruit.
6. Simmer 3 minutes longer and cool.
7. Use as topping for vanilla pudding, ice cream, ice cream pies, cheesecake or butter, angel food, pound or chiffon cake.