|Unsalted butter||3 Ounce|
|Orange juice||1 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Sea salt||1 Pinch|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1 Dash|
|Double cream||2 Tablespoon|
1) In a small bowl, add the butter and on high power, heat for 30 seconds.
2) Stir well, and keep heating for 30 seconds more. Check if the butter has melted, but not separated.
3) Into the melted butter, whisk together and strain the egg yolks, orange juice and seasonings.
4) Then, add the double cream.
5) On high power, cook for 30 to 45 seconds, whisking every 15 seconds. The sauce should obtain the consistency of half-whipped cream.
6) Finally, remove from the microwave oven and whisk until the sauce becomes cool.
7) Serve the Maltaise Sauce along with steamed asparagus or broccoli.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 865 Calories from Fat 815
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 92 g141.8%
Saturated Fat 46.6 g232.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 553.1 mg184.4%
Sodium 227.1 mg9.5%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g2.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.17 g0.67%
Sugars 3.8 g
Protein 6 g12.5%
Vitamin A 52.9% Vitamin C 35.5%
Calcium 6.5% Iron 5.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet