Steak in Sauce
|Seasoned flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Round steak||1 1⁄2 Pound (About 3/4 Inch Thick)|
|Condensed cream of mushroom soup||10 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Water||60 Milliliter (1/2 Soup Can)|
|Sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (If Desired)|
1) Pound the seasoned flour into steak with a meat hammer or edge of a heavy saucer.
2) In large skillet, cook the steak on both sides in shortening, until browned.
3) Stir in the mushroom soup and water; blend thoroughly.
4) Cover and cook over a low heat, stirring frequently for 45 minutes, or until the steak is tender.
5) Just before serving, blend in the sour cream.
6) Serve the Steak in Sauce, immediately on a serving platter.
Calories 471 Calories from Fat 254
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g43.8%
Saturated Fat 11.1 g55.7%
Trans Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 86.2 mg28.7%
Sodium 407.5 mg17%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.66 g2.6%
Sugars 2.6 g
Protein 38 g76.6%
Vitamin A 3.4% Vitamin C 0.43%
Calcium 7.3% Iron 12.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet