Cauliflower with Creamy Cheese Sauce
|Chicken seasoned stock base||2 Teaspoon|
|Warm water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|White pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Dry mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Onion powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Light cream/Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Grated sharp cheese||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1) Rinse the cauliflower and cut off and discard heavy stalks and leaves.
2) In a small bowl, mix 1 teaspoon seasoned stock base with water.
3) In a saucepan, place the cauliflower and pour over the stock base.
4) Cover and bring to boil, then simmer for 25 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender.
5) Drain the cauliflower and transfer to a serving dish.
6) In the same saucepan, melt the butter, stir in 1 teaspoon seasoned stock base, arrowroot, salt, pepper, dry mustard and onion powder.
7) Pour in the milk and cook over a low heat, stirring constantly, until the sauce is thickened.
8) Stir in the cheese and cook further, until the cheese is melted.
9) Pour the creamy cheese sauce over the cauliflower.
10) Sprinkle with paprika or toasted slivered almonds, if desired and serve the Cauliflower with Creamy Cheese Sauce immediately.
Calories 377 Calories from Fat 271
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g48.7%
Saturated Fat 19.2 g96.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 105.2 mg35.1%
Sodium 957.9 mg39.9%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.2%
Dietary Fiber 5.8 g23.4%
Sugars 5.7 g
Protein 11 g22.7%
Vitamin A 21% Vitamin C 176.1%
Calcium 24.8% Iron 6.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet