Baked Jacket Bananas in Orange with Maple Sauce
|Natural yogurt||1⁄4 Pint|
|Maple syrup||1 Tablespoon|
1) First, prepare the sauce by blending the yogurt and maple syrup together. Keep aside.
2) Then, wash and dry the orange well.
3) Pare thin strips of the rind and then shred finely.
4) In a jug, put these orange rind shreds along with cold water to cover.
5) On high power, cook for 2 minutes or until tender. Drain and keep aside.
6) Then, cut the orange into half. Squeeze the juice from one half. Then, segment and chop the other half.
7) After this, rinse and dry the bananas.
8) In an oval or rectangular dish, place the unpeeled bananas. Cut the top portion lengthwise.
9) Onto the banana flesh, pour the orange juice and on high power, cook for 2 minutes.
10) Change the position of the bananas and on top add the orange segments.
11) Over Defrost/Low setting, cook for 4 1/2 to 5 minutes.
12) With the reserved orange strips, garnish the bananas.
13) Serve the bananas hot with the maple yogurt sauce.