Tomato Chili Sauce
|Solid pack tomatoes||2 Can (20 oz)|
|Applesauce||2 Can (20 oz)|
|Catsup||8 Ounce (1 Bottle)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Or More To Taste)|
|Cider vinegar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tabasco sauce||4 Drop (Few Drops)|
|Green celery stalks||3|
|Sweet red peppers||2|
|Onions||2 Large (Or Medium Sized)|
1) In a food processor, mix together celery, green and red peppers and onions.
2) Process the vegetables until finely chopped.
3) In a medium pot mix together tomatoes, applesauce, catsup, sugar, vinegar, Tabasco, salt, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and chopped vegetables.
4) Heat the tomato mixture to boil.
5) Remove the pot from heat and place in oven.
6) Allow to cook in the oven for 45 minutes or until thickened.
7) Remove from oven and let it cool.
8) Pack the vegetable mixture in a sterilized jar.
9) Seal with a sterilized lid.
Cooking in oven helps to eliminates stirring to prevent sticking, can also be cooked over stove.
Little cornflour mixed in water can be used to thicken the Tomato Chili Sauce if desired.