Tomato and Sage Sauce
|Unsalted butter||2 Ounce|
|Chopped sage||1 Teaspoon (Use Fresh)|
|Tomato puree||2 Tablespoon|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Sea salt||To Taste|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1) In a medium sized bowl, put the butter.
2) On full power, heat for 1 minute, or until melted, stirring in between.
3) To this, add the sage, tomato puree, water and finally, the egg.
4) On full power, cook for 30 seconds, and then beat with a wire whisk.
5) Now, cook again for 30 to 45 seconds, beating in between, until the sauce becomes as thick as half-whipped cream. If overcooked, the sauce will curdle.
6) Add salt and pepper to taste.
7) Serve the Tomato and Sage Sauce with pasta or nut roasts.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 493 Calories from Fat 450
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 51 g78.5%
Saturated Fat 30.7 g153.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 333.4 mg111.1%
Sodium 394.6 mg16.4%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.87 g3.5%
Sugars 1.9 g
Protein 7 g14.9%
Vitamin A 40.6% Vitamin C 7.8%
Calcium 5.2% Iron 10.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet