Mint Sauce For Desserts
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Boiling water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Mint extract/Mint and peppermint extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Green food color||2 Drop|
1. In a saucepan combine sugar, arrowroot and salt and gradually add boiling water, stirring constantly.
2. Continuing stirring simmer over low heat 5 minutes or until clear and thickened.
3. Remove from heat and mix in extract and food color.
4. Increase the arrowroot to 3 tablespoons to get a thicker sauce.
5. Serve hot over ice cream, vanilla pudding, plain cake, pound cake, angel food cake, chocolate brownies or chilled fruits.