Homemade Cayenne Pepper Hot Sauce
|Cayenne pepper||1 Pound|
|Carrots||2 Medium, cut in large chunks|
|Onion||1 Medium, quartered|
|Garlic clove||1 Large|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|White vinegar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄3 Tablespoon (1 Tablespoon Plus 1 Teaspoon)|
|Liquid pectin/3 tablespoon powdered pectin||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. In a stainless steel non-reactive pot add all ingredients except pectin, bring to boil then reduce heat and simmer for 45 minutes or until carrots are very soft.
2. Turn off heat and add pectin, stir well to incorporate.
3. Let mixture cool off to room temperature, then place in stand blender.
4. Blend on high speed for 2 minutes.
5. Strain mixture into a clean container, use a ladle or spoon to press out as much of the liquid as possible. Discard solids.
6. Use like tabasco or hot pepper sauce. This recipe makes a ton…enough for a year unless you put hot sauce on your cereal!
Hot sauce will keep in the fridge at least a year or this can be portioned into smaller sanitary canning jars and processed in a water bath for 18 minutes, the nit can be kept 1-2 years in the pantry.
Please wear kitchen gloves or surgical gloves when handling the peppers and wash your hands thoroughly after your done. DO NOT rub eyes or touch your body or face with your hands when working with the peppers.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1587 Calories from Fat 660
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 79 g121.3%
Saturated Fat 14.9 g74.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 7980.8 mg332.5%
Total Carbohydrates 290 g96.8%
Dietary Fiber 131.6 g526.5%
Sugars 61.5 g
Protein 58 g116.2%
Vitamin A 4182.5% Vitamin C 616.8%
Calcium 77% Iron 201.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet