Orange Cream Sauce
|Oranges||1 Large (Or 2 Small Sized)|
|Double cream||1⁄4 Pint, lightly whipped|
|Caster sugar||1 Teaspoon|
|Egg yolks||2 , mixed with 1 teaspoon arrowroot|
|Arrowroot||1 Teaspoon, mixed with egg yolks|
1) Make the custard and set aside to cool.
2) From half the orange, thinly pare the rind and chop finely into shreds.
3) Place in a saucepan and simmer till tender. Drain and set aside.
4) Using lump sugar, rub them all over the second half of orange and extract all the zest.
5) When each lump is completely saturated with the zest oil, place in a small bowl.
6) Juice the oranges and pour 5 tablespoons of this juice over the sugar lumps.
7) Stir till the sugar dissolves.
8) Stir in the orange syrup into the cream and the cold custard and the chopped orange rind.
9) Serve over fish fillets and steamed asparagus.