|Plain chocolate||6 Ounce|
|Vanilla pod||1 , split|
1) In a saucepan, add water and sugar and over low heat, dissolve.
2) Add the vanilla pod.
3) Allow the liquid to simmer for 4-5 minutes then remove the pod.
4) Place a plate of chocolate over a pan of warm water and allow to melt.
5) Discard the water and add the chocolate into the saucepan, then beat in the sugar syrup, a little at a time.
6) Allow to simmer until a thick rich syrup is obtained.
7) Use hot or cold.
8) Pour the sauce over poached pears.