Golden Apricot Sauce
|Apricot halves||30 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Orange juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Almond extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) Drain the apricots and reserve ½ cup of the syrup.
2) Cut up the apricots and stir them into the reserved syrup, along with the orange juice, sugar and a dash of salt.
3) Simmer the mixture gently for about 10 minutes, constantly stirring.
4) Stir in the extract and chill the sauce.
5) Serve the chilled sauce over ice cream. Can also be used as a topping for other desserts.