Homemade Tomato Sauce
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Italian tomatoes||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Tomato paste||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Crumbled basil||2 Teaspoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) In a large saucepan, heat oil. Add in the onions and garlic and saute till they soften.
2) Add in the tomatoes, tomato paste, basil, salt, sugar and water. Stir all well.
3) Let the mixture come to a boil and start bubbling. Turn down the flame. Cook uncovered on simmer for 45 minutes.
4) Stir intermittently till the tomato sauce has thickened.
5) This Tomato Sauce can be used to prepare pasta and gravies.