|Creamy milk||1⁄2 Pint|
|Caster sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla essence/1/2 vanilla pod, split||3 Drop|
1) In a saucepan, add milk, sugar and vanilla essence / pod.
2) Place a lid over the saucepan and allow the mix to infuse in the milk for 10.
3) Discard the pod and add sugar.
4) In a bowl, add the egg yolks and cream well.
5) Scald the milk and slowly pour over the egg mix.
6) Blend mixture well and transfer to the saucepan.
7) Place over gentle heat and stir slowly, but continuously, with a spoon. (If the custard gets over heated and curdles, immediately transfer into a basin vigorously whisk for 2-3 seconds.)
8) When the custard is creamy enough, strain into the bowl.
9) Sprinkle caster sugar over the top and cool.
10) Serve with a side of fresh fruits.