|Butter/Margarine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (1 1/2 Sticks)|
|All-purpose flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Canned condensed chicken broth||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Undiluted)|
|Light cream/Half and half||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Grated sharp cheddar cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1) In a large saucepan melt butter.
2) Take off from heat and stir in flour, salt and the nutmeg. Combine well.
3) Fold in milk and chicken broth.
4) Bring to boiling and stir constantly. Boil for 2 minutes until thick.
5) In a small bowl beat egg yolks with cream with wire whisk or wooden spoon.
6) Add a little of the hot mixture and beat.
7) Transfer into the saucepan and cook over low heat. Stir constantly but do not let it boil.
8) Remove from heat.
9) Stir in cheese and serve.
Calories 57 Calories from Fat 41
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.4%
Saturated Fat 2.8 g14%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 24.7 mg8.2%
Sodium 164 mg6.8%
Total Carbohydrates 2 g0.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.04 g0.15%
Sugars 0.8 g
Protein 2 g3.3%
Vitamin A 3.1% Vitamin C 0.03%
Calcium 4.2% Iron 0.51%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet