|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Boneless chuck/Round||2 Pound (1/2 Inch Cubes)|
|Sweet italian sausages||1⁄2 Pound, sliced|
|Carrots||2 Large, finely chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Canned italian tomatoes with tomato paste and basil leaf||32 Ounce (2 Cans)|
|Crumbled oregano||1 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
1) In a large kettle, add in the olive oil, vegetable oil, butter or margarine and lard.
2) Add in the chuck or round along with the sausage, a few pieces at a time. Once browned, remove them onto a paper towel.
3) Add in the onion, garlic and carrots into the kettle. Saute till they soften. Add in the tomatoes, salt, oregano and pepper. Add the meat back in.
4) Let the sauce come to a boil. Turn down the flame and cover the kettle.
5) Let the sauce simmer for about 2 hours or until the meat becomes tender and the sauce thickens. Add in parsley and additional seasoning, if required.
6) The Homemade Sauce goes well with ravioli or pasta.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2989 Calories from Fat 1337
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 149 g229.9%
Saturated Fat 25.2 g126.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 114.5 mg38.2%
Sodium 7387.7 mg307.8%
Total Carbohydrates 100 g33.3%
Dietary Fiber 23.7 g94.8%
Sugars 39.4 g
Protein 296 g592.5%
Vitamin A 666.2% Vitamin C 331.2%
Calcium 25.5% Iron 43.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet