Pears In Chocolate Sauce
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Semi-sweet chocolate||4 Ounce (4 Squares Of 1 Ounce Each)|
|Vanilla ice cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Peel the pears and remove the stalks.
2) Break the chocolate into small pieces.
3) In a saucepan, put the water, lemon juice, sugar and vanilla bean and heat gently till the sugar dissolves.
4) Boil the syrup, add the pears and simmer for about 15 minutes till just tender.
5) Leave pears to cool in the syrup, then with a slotted spoon lift them out and chill for several hours.
6) Keep the syrup aside.
7) Put the chocolate pieces into the top of a double boiler with the butter.
8) Place over simmering water and stir till melted.
9) Remove from the heat and beat in 2 tbsp of the pear syrup.
10) In a serving dish, arrange the pears and place scoops of ice cream between them.
11) Decorate with crystallized violets, if liked.
12) Serve the pears with chocolate sauce poured over them.