Brown Onion Cook in Sauce
|Oil||60 Milliliter (4 Tablespoon)|
|Sugar||2 Teaspoon (1 Rounded Teaspoon)|
|Plain flour||45 Milliliter (3 Tablespoon Leveled)|
|Dried mixed herbs||2 Teaspoon (1 Rounded Teaspoon)|
|Worcestershire sauce||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Sherry||60 Milliliter (4 Tablespoon)|
|Orange rind strip||2|
|Beef stock||1 Pint (1/2 Liter)|
1) Remove the skin off the onions and coarsely chop. Place aside.
2) Wash the celery thoroughly and finely chop.
3) In a pan, heat up oil and add onions and celery.
4) Sprinkle sugar and cook the onions until golden brown.
5) With a draining spoon, remove from the pan and reserve.
6) Sprinkle flour and stir into the remaining fat in the pan.
7) Add herbs, Worcestershire sauce, sherry, finely chopped orange rind, bay leaf, 10 ml (1 rounded teaspoon) salt, some pepper and stock.
8) Bring the mixture to a boil by stirring.
9) Cover with a lid and allow simmering for 1 hour.
10) Discard the bay leaf and add the reserved cooked onion and celery.
11) Season the sauce according to your taste.
12) Use the sauce by diluted with half quantity of water or stock.
Calories 246 Calories from Fat 94
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.3%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 373.2 mg15.5%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.4%
Dietary Fiber 4.8 g19.2%
Sugars 11.8 g
Protein 5 g9.3%
Vitamin A 2.1% Vitamin C 42.7%
Calcium 7.8% Iron 6.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet