Mushrooms In Sauce
|Plain flour||1 Ounce|
|Pepper||3 Dash (3 shakes)|
1. Ready the mushrooms. Discard stalks and cut mushrooms thinly.
2. Heat a saucepan and melt margarine. Braise mushrooms with a lid on the pan for about 5 minutes without browning.
3. Put in flour, and cook gently, stirring all the time, for 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Take the saucepan away from heat. Gradually blend in milk.
5. Return to the heat. Stirring continuously and slowly bring to the boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 2 to 3 mins.
6. You may serve it as a side dish with fish, meat or bacon; alternatively, you may serve on hot buttered toast, as a High Tea or supper dish.