Fresh Asparagus With Soured Cream Sauce
|Sunflower oil||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Soured cream||1⁄4 Pint|
|Fresh lemon juice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sea salt||To Taste|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
1) From the asparagus, remove the tough ends and then scrape the stalks.
2) In a rectangular casserole, arrange the asparagus in two layers. Let half of the stalks point in one direction and the other half, to the opposite direction. You can place the smaller ones in the centre.
3) In a small bowl, combine 1/4 pint of water and oil and add to the asparagus.
4) On high power, cook covered for 9 to 14 minutes, or until the tips are just tender. Let it stand, covered, while you prepare the sauce. Remember that the cooking time may vary depending on the size of the asparagus.
5) In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice and the sour cream.
6) Add salt and pepper to taste.
7) After this, drain the asparagus thoroughly.
7) Serve the drained asparagus along with the sour cream sauce.