Cream Sauce For Eggs Florentine
|Onion||1⁄2 Small, minced|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs) (hot)|
|Parmesan cheese/Gruyere cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
|Parsley||1 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Cream||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Whipped cream||2 Tablespoon|
1) In a pan, saute the minced onion in butter, until softened.
2) Stir in the flour with a wire whisk, until smooth.
3) Gradually stir in the milk, stir continuously and cook, until creamy.
4) Stir in the grated cheese and parsley.
5) Season with the salt, pepper and a pinch of nutmeg to taste, stir and cook until the sauce is smooth.
6) In a bowl, beat two egg yolks with 1/3 cup cream, stir continuously, until the sauce is thickened.
7) Stir in the whipped cream and mix thoroughly.
8) Pour the sauce over poached eggs, sprinkle with grated cheese, then brown under the broiler and serve immediately.