Tomato Meat Sauce
|Ground chuck||4 Pound|
|Onions||4 Medium, chopped|
|Carrot||1 Large, chopped|
|Celery stalk||1 , chopped|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), crushed|
|Italian sweet sausage||1 Pound, cut up|
|Canned whole tomatoes||32 Ounce (2 cans, 16-oz size each)|
|Canned tomato puree||16 Ounce (1 can)|
|Canned tomato paste||6 Ounce (1 can)|
|Dried oregano leaves||1 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Dry red wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) At the base of 15 1/2-by-10 1/2-by-l-inch pan line a wax paper and spread ground chuck evenly.
2) Chill for 1 hour.
3) Cut chuck lengthwise into strips 3/4 inch wide. Cut again into 3/4-inch cubes.
4) In 6-quart Dutch oven heat 1/4 cup hot oil. Add onion, carrot, celery and garlic and sautÃ© for 5 minutes stirring continuously.
5) Take off from heat.
6) In a skillet heat 2 tablespoons oil. Add half of frozen chuck and half of Italian sausage and fry till brown.
7) Take off from skillet and transfer to Dutch oven.
8) Follow the same with the rest.
9) Mix tomatoes, tomato puree, tomato paste, oregano, salt, pepper and wine.
10) Boil the mixture, decrease heat and simmer covered for 30 minutes.
11) In another small bowl, mix flour with 1 cup water till blended.
12) Mix it to the sauce, stirring constantly. Boil and stir constantly.
13) Decrease heat, simmer uncovered for 30 minutes.
14) Let it cool completely.
15) Transfer into four (1-quart) or eight (1-pint) jars or plastic containers.
16) Keep in refrigerator if using within a week. Freeze if storing for a longer period.