Onion White Sauce
|Plain flour||2 Ounce|
1. Peel onions. In a pan, cook onions in boiling salted water until soft. Drain well and chop finely.
2. Make White Sauce by Roux method: In a saucepan over low heat, melt 2 ounces margarine.
3. Add in flour and whisk with a wire whisk. Cook over low heat for three minutes, stirring constantly (This mixture is called a roux). Do not allow the mixture to brown.
4. Gradually stir in milk, whisking constantly. Cook over low heat for 3-5 more minutes until sauce begins to thicken. Season to taste.
5. Remove from heat. Mix in onions. Reheat gently, do not over cook.
6. Serve separately with salads, appetizers, or use to toss salads of your choice.