Honey Glazed Chicken In Dill Cream Sauce
|Chicken||1 Pound (breasts or drumsticks, with or without skin.)|
|Sea salt||To Taste (Flaky)|
|Coarsely ground pepper||To Taste|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely minced.|
|Dried rosemary||1 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Light honey||4 Tablespoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Mustard||2 Teaspoon (preferably Dijon)|
|Chicken broth/White wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice/White wine vinegar||1 Teaspoon|
|Fresh dill||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
1. In a large shallow dish, arrange the chicken and season with salt and pepper. If using drumsticks, pierce them all over with a fork.
2. In a small bowl, combine garlic, rosemary, honey, Worcestershire sauce, and mustard.
3. Drizzle over the chicken and toss to coat well. I always use by hand to do this.
4. Cover the dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate the chicken overnight or for at least 4 hours.
5. Preheat the oven to 350 degree F
6. Turn the chicken into a baking pan and place in heated oven.
7. Roast the chicken for 40 to 50 minutes or until the chicken is tender and glazed. Turn the chicken occasionally while roasting to brown evenly. Alternatively, you can sauté the chicken in butter or oil in a skillet, until tender and glazed.
8. Transfer the chicken to a serving platter and keep warm.
9. Deglaze the pan in which the chicken is cooked with the chicken broth or wine, scraping up any of the browned bits for flavor.
10. Whisk in cream and lemon juice or white wine vinegar, stirring until smooth.
11. Return the chicken to the pan and add the dill. Cook for an additional minute, turning the chicken to coat with the sauce.
12. Serve the Honey Glazed Chicken in Dill Cream Sauce with pasta tossed with sautéed onion and red bell pepper and oven-roasted tomatoes or serve with roasted zucchini and mashed potatoes if you like.