Browned Vegetable Rice In Spiced Yogurt Sauce
|Onion||1 Large, peeled and finely chopped|
|Polyunsaturated margarine||1 Ounce|
|Carrot||1 Medium, scraped and diced|
|Brown rice||4 Ounce|
|Green beans||2 Ounce, cut|
|Sweet corn kernels||2 Ounce|
|Sea salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable stock||1 Pint (hot)|
|Arrowroot||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Thick yogurt||1⁄2 Pint (set, natural)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled and crushed|
|Chili powder||1 Pinch|
|Ground ginger||1 Pinch|
|Ground allspice||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1) In a medium sized bowl, place the onion and margarine.
2) On high power, cook covered for 3 minutes, or until soft.
3) In another bowl, place half of this sauteed onion and keep aside.
4) Into one of the onion bowls, add the carrot, rice, peas, green beans, sweet corn, salt and stock.
5) On high power, cook covered for 30 to 35 minutes, stirring in between, until the rice is tender and the mix is thick. By now, most of the liquid would be absorbed.
6) Tightly cover the bowl and let stand for 10 minutes.
7) Now, in a small bowl, blend the arrowroot with 1 tablespoon of yogurt.
8) To the remaining onion bowl, add this mix.
9) To this, add the garlic, turmeric, chili powder, ginger, allspice, and salt.
10) On high power, cook for 2 minutes. Mix well.
11) Now, reduce the oven setting to Defrost/Low and cook again for 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in between so that the mix doesn't boil.
12) Pour the yogurt sauce over the hot rice and serve immediately.