Sour Cream and Apricot Dessert Sauce
|Dried apricots||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dairy sour cream||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1. In a large pan of simmering water, poach the apricots till tender and soft
2. Pass the fruit through a sieve to make a fine paste
3. Add the sugar and salt to the hot fruit puree and combine till completely mixed.
4. Allow the mixture to cool. When completely cool, fold in the sour cream and mix well again.
5. Serve chilled over ice cream, waffles or pancakes.