Chicken Satay With Peanut Dipping Sauce
|For peanut dipping sauce|
|Chopped onions||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), sliced|
|Sesame oil||3 Tablespoon, toasted|
|Vegetable stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon (Natural Such As Tamari)|
|Chili flakes/Thai chili sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground cumin||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Grated fresh ginger||3 Tablespoon|
|Natural peanut butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped fresh parsley||3 Tablespoon|
|Chopped chives||3 Tablespoon|
|Chopped fresh mint leaves||1 Tablespoon|
|Boneless skinless chicken breast halves||2 (Whole, Or 4 Halves)|
|Freshly squeezed orange juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Thai curry paste/1/8 teaspoon chili flakes||1 Tablespoon (Use Red Or Green Type)|
1) Preheat broiler or grill.
2) Cut the chicken breasts into 3 sections and make 2 vertical slices through each one.
3) To prepare Peanut Dipping Sauce, in a saute pan saute onions and garlic in the sesame oil over medium heat.
4) Stir and cook for 4 minutes until garlic turns golden brown.
5) Stir in vegetable stock, soy sauce, chili sauce or flakes, paprika, and cumin.
6) Whisk the mixture until combined.
7) Add ginger, honey, and peanut butter. Stir and simmer for 10 minutes.
8) Take off from heat and add the parsley, chives, and mint.
9) Add 3/4 cup of the sauce into a bowl.
10) The remaining sauce can be stored in refrigerator for later use.
11) In a large bowl add orange juice and the curry paste or flakes together. Mix thoroughly.
12) Add chicken pieces to it.
13) With a spoon coat the chicken pieces.
14) Cover and keep in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
15) After the chicken marinates, puncture one end of the slice of meat with the tip of the skewer and secure 1 slice of meat.
16) Slide the meat and puncture the other end. Pull chicken piece tight across the skewer. It is similar to threading the chicken slices. Lay the chicken flat on the skewer.
17) Arrange the chicken on a baking sheet and broil for 2 minutes on each side. Alternately, grill over medium heat.
18) Drizzle little sauce over each skewer.
19) Place the chicken stay on a platter.
20) Sprinkle chopped mint on top and serve with a bowl of peanut sauce for dipping.
Calories 277 Calories from Fat 146
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g25.3%
Saturated Fat 2.7 g13.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 16.6 mg5.5%
Sodium 567.4 mg23.6%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6.1%
Dietary Fiber 6.2 g24.7%
Sugars 6.2 g
Protein 16 g31.2%
Vitamin A 49.9% Vitamin C 39%
Calcium 4.9% Iron 11.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet