Wholemeal Basic White Sauce
|Whole meal flour||3⁄4 Ounce|
1) In large ovenproof bowl, on high power, microwave the butter or margarine for 30 seconds.
2) Remove from the oven and stir well so that the butter is melted completely.
3) Now, stir in the flour. Note that the mixture will not be a smooth paste.
4) In the oven, cook this for 20 to 30 seconds, or until the mixture is granular.
5) To this, add all the milk and mix using a wire whisk.
6) On high power, cook for 5 minutes, whisking often. By now, the sauce will turn bubbly and will rise up.
7) Continue to cook for 1 more minute. Whisk again.
8) Season to taste with extra ingredients, if desired, before using.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 518 Calories from Fat 292
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g50.5%
Saturated Fat 19.9 g99.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 93.7 mg31.2%
Sodium 194.3 mg8.1%
Total Carbohydrates 41 g13.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.71 g2.8%
Sugars 25.3 g
Protein 18 g36.9%
Vitamin A 20.4% Vitamin C
Calcium 54.7% Iron 6.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet