Puffy Omelette with Pimiento Sauce
|Vegetable oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Canned pimientos||6 3⁄4 Ounce, drained|
|Tomato puree||1 Teaspoon|
|Pine kernels||1 Tablespoon|
|Eggs||3 , separated|
|Sea salt||To Taste|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1) In a 9-inch shallow round dish, lightly spread oil.
2) With a disc of non-stick vegetable parchment, line the base. Keep aside.
3) In a blender, puree the pimientos, tomato puree and nuts together.
4) Into a small bowl, pour this mixture and on high power, cook for 2 minutes, or until piping hot. Cover and keep the dish warm.
5) With grease-free beaters, whisk the egg whites until very stiff.
6) In another large bowl, whisk the egg yolks along with 3 tablespoons of cold water.
7) Add salt and pepper to taste and whisk again.
8) To the yolks, stir in 1 tablespoon of the beaten white.
9) Gradually mix in the remaining egg white.
10) Into the oiled round dish, pour the egg mixture.
11) On Defrost/Low setting, cook for 5 to 8 minutes or until just set, giving the dish a quarter-turn every minute.
12) Remove from the microwave and let stand for 1 minute.
13) Into a flameproof dish, turn out the omelette and gently fold over.
14) Meanwhile, prepare a hot grill.
15) On high power, reheat the prepared sauce for 1 minute.
16) Now, brown the omelette under the grill.
17) Pour the sauce over the omelette and serve immediately.