Easy Vegetable Sauce
|Margarine/Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Canned vegetable broth||14 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can, Ready To Serve, Clear Variety)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. In a medium size saucepan, melt the margarine or butter over a medium flame.
2. When melted, blend in the flour and saute until it forms a sandy paste.
3. Combine the milk and broth and gradually add to the flour paste in the pan, stirring constantly and vigorously to prevent lumps from forming.
4. Simmer the sauce, stirring continuously, until it is thick and bubbly, about 5 to 7 minutes.
5. Take and adjust seasoning according to preferrence.
6. Serve the sauce hot, over steamed vegetables, cooked rice or pasta if you like.