Easy Vegetable Sauce
|Margarine/Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Canned vegetable broth||14 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can, Ready To Serve, Clear Variety)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. In a medium size saucepan, melt the margarine or butter over a medium flame.
2. When melted, blend in the flour and saute until it forms a sandy paste.
3. Combine the milk and broth and gradually add to the flour paste in the pan, stirring constantly and vigorously to prevent lumps from forming.
4. Simmer the sauce, stirring continuously, until it is thick and bubbly, about 5 to 7 minutes.
5. Take and adjust seasoning according to preferrence.
6. Serve the sauce hot, over steamed vegetables, cooked rice or pasta if you like.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 586 Calories from Fat 423
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 48 g73.1%
Saturated Fat 9.9 g49.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 11.3 mg3.8%
Sodium 1230.7 mg51.3%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g11.1%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.2%
Sugars 6.1 g
Protein 7 g14%
Vitamin A 41.1% Vitamin C 0.09%
Calcium 13.4% Iron 8.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet