Green Beans In Spicy Sauce
|Chopped onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Special oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Tomato||1 , peeled and chopped|
|Grated lemon rind||1 Teaspoon|
|Skim milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Green beans/1 package, frozen green beans, thawed||1 Pound, cut french style|
1) In a saucepan, heat the oil and sautÃ© the garlic, onions and tomato for about 3 minutes, frequently stirring.
2) Add the salt and lemon rind. Mix well.
3) Add the green beans, sugar, milk and Tabasco.
4) Bring the ingredients to a boil and cover the pan loosely.
5) Cook the mixture over low heat for about 15 minutes or till the beans are tender. Ensure that there is no overcooking.
6) Serve the preparation while it is still hot or allow it to cool for a bit and serve at room temperature.
Calories 173 Calories from Fat 102
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g17.7%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0.87 mg0.29%
Sodium 275.5 mg11.5%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g4.9%
Dietary Fiber 4.9 g19.5%
Sugars 6.2 g
Protein 4 g8.3%
Vitamin A 5.3% Vitamin C 13%
Calcium 6.5% Iron 0.99%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet